Pinterest Introduces Free Analytics Tool for Business Accounts
A few months ago, Pinterest released business accounts and now, they are introducing a free analytics tool for the business accounts.
Note: Only business accounts that are verified will get this free analytics tool.
How to access the analytics tool
Once again, the analytics tool is free for business accounts that are verified. You can find the analytics tool by following these steps:
- Hover over the down arrow next to the account name on the upper right hand corner
- Click on “Switch to the New Look” at the bottom of the list
- You will get a Welcome to the new look pop-up message
- Click “Okay” (Note: You can switch back to the old layout anytime you want. You just have to follow the same steps)
- Hover over the down arrow next to the account name again on the upper right hand corner
- On the drop down, click on “Analytics” (Should be the 4th item from the top)
- BAM! There you go. Analytics for business!
What metrics can be gathered from the Pinterest analytics tool
With Pinterest’s analytics tool, there are 4 tabs on the upper right hand corner; Site Metrics, Most Recent, Most Repinned, Most Clicked. The tab name speaks for themselves. You can view your most recent pins, pins that got the most repins and pins with the most clicks. You can also export all these information to a CSV file.
If you stay on the first tab, Site Metrics, you can get the following information from the 4 charts provided:
- Chart 1: Daily average number of pins and the average number of people pinned from your site
- Chart 2: The daily average number of repins and average number of people repinned your pins
- Chart 3: The daily average number of impressions and the daily average number of people reached
- Chart 4: The daily average number of people who visited your website from your pins and the daily average number of people who visited your pin from your website.
You can adjust the timeframe of these data by changing the date on the upper left hand corner. Simply hover over the box and choose the time frame you want to get data for or you can select one of the options (7 days, 14 days, and 30 days) from the quick select.